UPDATE 28 JUNE:
We have received a lot of interest and now appointed two brilliant new Centre Coordinators who will be starting in July. Please follow our news for more vacancies as they come up.
We are looking for people to start as soon as possible!
After seven years of doing this work, we know that the most critical people in our whole operation are our Coordinators. Their job is to manage the actual delivery of our support and so everything hangs on their skills and ability!
We currently work in Cyprus and Moldova and looking at setting up longer term projects UK, Spain and Turkiye. We also want to have the capacity to respond to emergencies as we did this year in Turkiye and last year in Moldova.
What are we looking for?
We rely heavily on volunteers, which we love, but the Coordinator roles are professional, paid positions. Each location needs a Senior Coordinator and a Centre Coordinator. The Senior Coordinator leads but the roles are very similar. Just click on the the role to see a detailed job description.
The roles involve:
- Inducting and managing a small team of short term volunteers and caring for their welfare
- Supporting Members to access our services in the most dignified way possible
- Constantly seeking to improve and fine-tune our delivery of aid with dignity
- Managing costs and recording all expenses
- Reporting regularly to the Chief Executive about problems and progress
You will need to be:
- A supremely good multi-tasker with bags of energy
- Fantastic at communicating with a wide range of personalities and nationalities
- Able to think calmly and clearly when you’re being constantly hit with a wide range of emotional demands
- Able to remain compassionate and at the same time maintain a healthy detachment from the people we serve
- Extremely patient and infinitely cheerful
- Someone who really, really cares about people
We’ve worked with over 1,500 volunteers and they’ve been great but not many of them are able to tick all these boxes. Those that do have thrived doing humanitarian work.
Don’t worry if you haven’t got the experience. Co-founder Paul and our Operations Director Paula will show you what to do. We are most interested in your human qualities – if you have those, we’d love you to join our brilliant, dedicated team.
What can we offer?
You’ll be part of a great, supportive team doing leading work in some of the most difficult humanitarian crises.
Talk to any of our previous Coordinators and they will be tell you how much they have learnt and how rewarding the job has been.
We are reliant on individual donations so pay is sadly restricted. For Centre Coordinators we can pay €700 per month plus free accommodation. For Senior Coordinators we can pay €1,000 plus free accommodation. We will pay for all travel between the places where we work.
We’d need you to have a (paid) probationary period of one month and, assuming that goes well, a commitment of at least three months working with us. Six months plus would be ideal.
How can you apply?
In the first instance please email Paul Hutchings with a brief overview of your work experience and why you think you have the qualities we need.